Reliable Guidance from Experienced Biloxi Child Custody Attorneys
Assisting clients with all aspects of divorce in Mississippi
Child custody is one of the most contested issues in divorce proceedings. As skilled child custody attorneys, we at Boyce Holleman & Associates recognize that you know what's best for your child and we want to give you the legal advice and support you need in your Biloxi divorce case. Founded in 1950, our law firm continues to provide the community with experienced and superior legal service for all family law matters, including child custody and child support.
The help you need from trusted child support lawyers in Gulfport
Children generally benefit from having both parents involved in their lives. An experienced family law attorney at our firm can work with you and your spouse to determine a custody and visitation agreement that meets the needs of your children and respects your rights as a parent.
In addition, we can provide you with sound advice in regards to the following matters:
- Albright analysis: If you and your spouse cannot agree on who should receive custody of your child, the family court may use what is called an Albright analysis to determine custody issues. The analysis grades the parents on issues such as morality, employment responsibilities, parental health, the children's ages, evidence of abuse (sexual, physical, emotional) and alleged substance abuse.
- Child support: Knowledgeable lawyers in Gulfport can explain to you that the amount of child support is determined by statute. The noncustodial parent's adjusted gross income is part of the formula.
- Child custody modifications: After a divorce is final, circumstances — such as financial status, a child's needs, or a parent's location — may change. In such cases, the child custody agreement should be modified.
- Paternity actions: When the parents are not married, there is a need to establish paternity so that both spouses share in the rights and responsibilities of parenthood.
- Grandparent rights: In a divorce or in a case of unfit parents, what are the rights of grandparents? If you are concerned about your access to your grandchildren or about your grandchildren's well-being, talk to an attorney about grandparent rights.
- Guardianships: In some circumstances, you may need to establish a guardianship to assure there is someone who has the authority to care for a child.
Seek skilled counsel from a distinguished Mississippi family law attorney
Throughout Mississippi, Boyce Holleman & Associates is known for delivering excellent legal service and advice on a variety of family law issues from divorce to child support and custody. To schedule a free consultation with one of our dedicated lawyers, contact us 24/7 by phone at 228-863-3142 or via our convenient online form. We have flexible office hours, readily available parking and are located near public transportation.
Credit cards accepted. La traducción es disponible para nuestros clientes que hablan español.